- 10% discount off tennis equipment (at Gyles Brothers)
- Free court use
- Free floodlights
- Access to internal club competitions
- Access to all club social events
- Summer, Winter and Seniors Avon League teams
- Practice wall (when Court 5 not in use)
- French tennis club exchange visits
Junior Membership Benefits
- Free courts
- Free use of tennis balls
- Reduced coaching rates
- Internal club tournament
- Mixed generation tournaments
- Internal singles box league
- Free courts for Bristol box league matches
- Summer and winter junior Avon league teams
- Practice wall (when Court 5 not in use)
- National junior club league teams
- Reserved junior play sessions, Sundays 4.30 to 6.00 pm
Annual Subscriptions for 2020
|Family||£420 (2 Adults and up to two Juniors)|
|Junior||£58 (under 18 years old)|
|Parental||£40 (To enable parents to play tennis with their children at specified times)|
|Senior Playing Member||£50|
Membership Update – Calendar Year 2021
Clifton Lawn Tennis Club is pleased to announce that they will be inviting membership applications from 1st October 2020 for the 2021 year.
The application process is outlined in the FAQ section below under the section ‘What is the process for joining?’.
Please note application for membership is strictly on a first come first served basis and there will be limited spaces available. It is highly advisable therefore to follow the full process as advised and to make any applications promptly.
Q. Does my subscription last for 12 months from the date I join?
A. No, subscriptions last for one calendar year from January to December.
Q. Can I pay my subscription and joining fee in cash?
A. No, we accept payment via online banking. Details will be sent once your application has been accepted.
Q. What is the process for joining?
A. The process for joining is as follows :
- From the website, submit a membership enquiry from the ‘Contact Us’ page (‘Membership’ should be selected from the ‘enquiry’ box dropdown)
- Following receipt of the enquiry, an application for will be sent to you via email
- Contact the clubs Head Coach, James Pugh 07799662060 to organise a ‘play in’ and bring your form with you for him to sign
- Once the Head Coach has signed your form, fully complete it and post it to the Membership Secretary. Details of this will be provided with the application form
- If your membership is approved, you will be notified following the February 2021 Committee meeting and a request for payment will be made (please do not send any money prior to this)
- Once payment is received and confirmed, you will be sent information about access to the club (pin code for the main gate/clubhouse), the club rules, information about social events, etc.
- You can then begin playing at the club
Q. Can I play at the club before deciding to join?
A. Prospective members are more than welcome to inspect the facilities and meet the Head Coach. Please contact Paul Meadows, the clubs Membership Secretary in the first instance to arrange an appropriate appointment.
Q. Can I play team tennis?
A. Yes, the club currently runs 5 men’s and 3 ladies’ teams in the summer Avon leagues as well as several senior and mixed teams throughout the year. There are plenty of opportunities for keen team players.
Q. Is there a discount for the elderly or students?
A. Please see the membership section for membership categories and any discount offers available.
Q. Once I am a member, do I have to pay to play?
A. No, the joining fee is a one-off payment and membership fees cover play for the full calendar year. No additional fees apply.
Q. Once I am a member, do I have to pay for floodlights?
A. No, floodlights run on a token system and are currently free for members.
Q. Is there a ball machine or practise wall?
A. Yes, there is a practise wall that can be used as long as no-one is playing on the neighbouring court (court 5). There is a ball machine that all members are free to use, subject to having received the appropriate training.
Q. Are group and individual coaching opportunities available at the club?
A. Yes, both group and individual coaching is available for a range of standards and age ranges. Please see the coaching section for further details or contact the clubs Head Coach, James Pugh.
Clifton Lawn Tennis Club
Clubhouse phone: 0117 973 4350 (please note that this number is for general club enquires only. Any formal or legal notifications should be notified in writing to the above address. Clifton Lawn Tennis Club does not accept any responsibiity for any formal / legal notifications recieved by telephone)